You will be required to demonstrate:
- Strength exercises such as pull ups, leg lifts, rope climb, press ups, V sits.
- Flexibility exercises: both leg splits, straddle with chest down, bridge, pike fold.
- Acrobatics moves: Backward roll to straddle, Handstand forward roll, Cartwheel, Round-off, Dive forward roll.
- 2 minute aerial piece in your chosen skill.
The audition will also involve a tour of the space and a private interview with the course director. This will be a chance to ask any questions or discuss any concerns.
If you are applying from abroad and unable to make an audition in person you can provide us with a video audition. Please provide the following on camera:
- State your name, age and tell us why you want to join the AirCraft Circus Academy Intermediate Course in Circus Arts.
- Demonstration of strength (if floor and aerial equipment is available to you) - Pull ups, Leg Lifts, Rope Climb, Press Ups, V Sits.
- Demonstration of basic acrobatics - Forward Roll, Backward Roll to Straddle, Handstand Forward Roll, Cartwheel, Round Off, Handspring, Back Flip (can be assisted), Kick Up to Handstand and Hold.
- Demonstration of flexibility - Right Leg Split, Left Leg Split, Straddle Chest on Floor, Box Split, Pike Fold, Bridge.
- Skill demonstrations in static, hoop, silks, rope and Chinese pole.
- We are looking for technical ability, strength, flexibility, passion, flair and potential.
Please remember this is an intermediate course so we are not looking for advanced skill but you will need a solid foundation across the board of our core skills.
or learn about our Foundation Course in Circus Arts