If you are based in the UK auditions are held in person at the school (video auditions are available to those outside the UK).
You will be required to demonstrate:
- Strength exercises such as pull ups, leg lifts, rope climb, press ups, V sits.
- Flexibility exercises: both leg splits, straddle with chest down, bridge, pike fold.
- Acrobatics moves: Backward roll to straddle, Handstand forward roll, Cartwheel, Round-off, Dive forward roll.
- 2 minute aerial piece in your chosen skill.
The audition will also involve a tour of the space and a private interview with the course director. This will be a chance to ask any questions or discuss any concerns.
If you are applying from abroad and unable to make an audition in person you can provide us with a video audition. Please provide the following on camera:
- State your name, age and tell us why you want to join the AirCraft Circus Intermediate Course in Circus Arts.
- Demonstration of strength (if floor and aerial equipment is available to you) - Pull ups, Leg Lifts, Rope Climb, Press Ups, V Sits.
- Demonstration of basic acrobatics - Forward Roll, Backward Roll to Straddle, Handstand Forward Roll, Cartwheel, Round Off, Handspring, Back Flip (can be assisted), Kick Up to Handstand and Hold.
- Demonstration of flexibility - Right Leg Split, Left Leg Split, Straddle Chest on Floor, Box Split, Pike Fold, Bridge.
- Two skill demonstrations in any circus, ground based or aerial skill at an intermediate level. This can be two routines performed and choreographed to music or simply two skill demonstrations with no less than nine technical moves,
- We are looking for technical ability, strength, flexibility, passion, flair and potential. Please remember this is an intermediate course so we are not looking for advanced skill but you will need a solid foundation across the board.
or learn about our Foundation Course in Circus Arts